NYC Personal Injury Attorneys
Advocating For The Injured In New York City Since 1992
The Raphaelson & Levine Law Firm is committed to representing people, not cases. By focusing on clients as individuals and the challenges they face in recovering from an accident, we are able to tell that story in vivid terms when the time comes to negotiate compensation or convince a jury to award damages.
We pride ourselves on the way we practice personal injury law. We spend time with clients and we are available to them. When we believe in the case, we invest in the case. We prepare for trial, which is reflected in the quality of our settlements. We have the respect of our legal peers and many testimonials from clients who appreciate our approach and our results.
Our firm has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for clients across New York City, Long Island, Westchester and Rockland County, with notable verdicts and settlements across all categories of personal injury. For aggressive, compassionate and proven representation, contact us for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We focus our representation on clients who have suffered serious, life-threatening and catastrophic injuries. Our trial experience and resources enable us to stand up to insurers and large corporations to demand the comprehensive, long-term compensation our clients will need to put their lives back together and regain a decent quality of life.
- Motor vehicle accidents — Our attorneys have handled literally thousands of traffic accident cases involving passenger cars, commercial trucks, motorcycles, ambulances, police cars, taxicabs, bicycles and pedestrians. We pursue every source of insurance coverage, from dram shop liability in drunk driver cases to uninsured/underinsured motorist claims.
- Mass transit accidents — We have successfully sued the New York City Transit Authority and MTA for accidents involving NYC trains, subways and buses.
- Airplane accidents — Our firm recovered $2.5 million and $1.5 million in wrongful death lawsuits against a major airline in separate New York plane crashes.
- Construction accidents — We have a long record of personal injury recoveries against property owners, general contractors, construction managers and subcontractors for construction site injuries or deaths, including those caused by scaffolding and ladder accidents, heavy equipment accidents and injuries from tools, equipment or electric shock.
- Premises liability — We hold businesses, landlords, municipalities and other property owners accountable for slip-and-falls, icy walkways, elevator accidents and other dangerous conditions.
- Product liability — Our legal team has the capability to hold manufacturers accountable for serious injury from defective machinery, vehicles, consumer products or medical products.
- Toxic exposures — We represent individuals and classes of individuals seeking justice for health problems from chemical exposure in the workplace, lead-based paint, chemical spills, toxic toys and other poisons.
- 9/11 health cases — Rescue workers, volunteers and clean-up crews at Ground Zero may be entitled to compensation set aside for cancer, lung ailments and other health issues.
- Medical malpractice — We hold New York City doctors, nurses and hospitals accountable for diagnosis errors, surgery errors, medication mistakes and other negligence.
- Birth injuries — Our firm pursues justice for infants and their anguished parents for medical negligence resulting in brain damage, cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy and other birth defects.
- Brain injuries — We know that traumatic brain injury (TBI) is devastating for the victim and family. We seek compensation for life care needs, financial security and lost quality of life.
- Wrongful death — Raphaelson & Levine has recovered compensation for grieving families in every type of case mentioned above in which the victim was killed at the scene or later died from injuries or complications that were related to the accident.
A New York City Personal Injury Law Firm Legacy Linked To The First Million-Dollar Recovery In U.S. History
Founding attorney Howard Raphaelson is the grandson of Jacob D. Fuchsberg, a New York lawyer who obtained the first million-dollar recovery in U.S. history. Since 1992, the accomplished trial lawyers of Raphaelson & Levine have followed in that tradition and obtained numerous million-dollar and multimillion-dollar jury awards. These results are a function of our diligent efforts to understand our clients' needs and to document the harm in tangible terms.
Please read more about our personal injury practice and what you should know to protect your rights and help maximize your compensation.
- Understanding personal injury law
- Personal injury accidents
- Do I really need an injury lawyer?
- How long do I have to file a claim?
- What if I am injured on the job?
- Steps you should take after an accident
- Taking notes after an accident
- Preserving evidence after an accident
- Jury awards and settlements
- Maximizing your compensation
- Personal injury trials and trial tactics
Experienced New York Accident Lawyers
Personal injury is all we do. Call 212-268-3222 or 800-529-7967 or contact us online for a free consultation with one of our NYC personal injury attorneys. If we take your case, there are no attorney fees unless we win.