The parents of a 10-year-old child sued the landlord after their boy ingested paint chips in his apartment. The child developed learning disabilities that Howard Raphaelson successfully linked to the ingestion of lead paint chips. The matter was resolved prior to jury selection for nearly $500,000.
The defendant’s attorney informed the Raphaelson Law Firm that this payment represented the largest individual award ever paid by the defendant’s insurance carrier in a lead paint exposure case.
Location: New York City, New York