An individual was at a gas station in Brooklyn when a fire extinguishing system malfunctioned causing him to be sprayed with chemicals. Our client developed a respiratory ailment and was diagnosed with asthma. The defendants claimed that our client already had asthma and even had his nebulizer with him at the time of the accident.
The emergency room records from the date of the accident claimed that our client had a prior history of asthma. Through tenacious negotiation, Jason Krakower and Howard Raphaelson were able to secure a settlement at mediation.
Raphaelson & Levine achieved a toxic exposure settlement of $250,000 for the victim.
Location: Brooklyn, New York