Getting into a car accident or sustaining another type of personal injury can come as such a shock that many people with serious injuries don’t know what to do next. Life can seem overwhelming between the physical recovery, emotional distress, and trying to keep up with medical bills while also missing time from work.
Contact Our Law Offices to Request to Meet with Our Accident Lawyers
If you feel overwhelmed and stressed, the good news is that you don’t have to keep doing everything yourself. Raphaelson & Levine invites you to schedule a free consultation at 212-268-3222 with a personal injury attorney from our law firm to learn more about your options for filing a personal injury claim. Our lawyers have decades of combined experience with personal injury cases and a reputation for aggressively pursuing maximum compensation on behalf of our clients.
However, the statute of limitations in New York requires you to initiate your personal injury claim within three years of the date of your injury. Considering the time it can take for our Brooklyn personal injury lawyers to research your claim, we recommend that you take advantage of our free consultation as soon as possible.
What to Expect When You Work with a Brooklyn Personal Injury Attorney
Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney can make all the difference in whether you achieve a successful outcome. At Raphaelson & Levine, each of our personal injury lawyers focus on just a few practice areas to ensure they provide focused service to our clients. The purpose of the free consultation is for our law firm to learn more about your personal injury case and for you to learn more about us, including the personal injury attorney who will serve you.
The most important thing for people who have sustained serious injuries to focus on is getting better. Depending on the severity of your injuries, this could take months or years. As you start to slowly regain your health, you can depend on our law offices to keep up with the filing deadlines for your personal injury case and update you on any changes. In terms of your obligations to your Brooklyn personal injury lawyer, you should expect to complete the following actions at a minimum:
- Answer deposition questions asked by the defendant’s personal injury attorney. This process can take up to four hours and includes questions about your employment history, general background, details from the day of the accident, the injuries you sustained in the accident, the treatment you have received for your serious injuries, and how you are managing your physical and emotional systems at present. You can expect your personal injury attorney to prepare you for the deposition and to remain present with you throughout it.
- Attend a medical examination conducted by a doctor chosen by the defendant’s attorney.
- Attend court each day if the insurance company for the other party fails to negotiate a fair settlement and your personal injury case ends up in court.
Although our Brooklyn personal injury lawyers understand that you may feel nervous about filing a lawsuit and the actions you must complete, you can feel rest assured that we will be there for you every step of the way.
Financial Compensation Typically Available to Injury Victims
It’s common for accident victims to want to know how long it will take to settle their case and how much they can expect as a payout. While we always strive for maximum compensation for every client, we have no way of knowing up front how long you must wait for your case to settle or how much you might receive. However, we can tell you the categories of compensation most common in a personal injury case. These include:
- Payment of medical bills: When you have medical bills due to the negligent actions of another party, you may be able to recover payment for past expenses as well as anticipated future costs of care relating to your personal injury.
- Reimbursement for lost wage: Not everyone has sick or vacation time nor workplace disability benefits to earn enough money while they’re away from work recovering from serious injuries. We will use our years of experience to prove that you’re entitled to recoup past lost wages along with future lost wages if your serious injuries prevent you from reaching your full earning potential.
- Property damage: This is most common in car accident cases and covers repair or replacement of the vehicle and valuable items inside it. However, you may be eligible for property damage reimbursement in other types of personal injury cases as well.
- Pain and suffering: All types of serious injuries have the potential to cause ongoing pain and suffering, both physical and emotional. The benefit of hiring legal representation is that your lawyer will demonstrate why you deserve maximum compensation in this area by proving how the accident affects you daily.
These are just four examples of types of compensation you could receive for your personal injury claim. Since every case is unique, you could receive more or less than what we list here.
Types of Accidents Handled by Our Personal Injury Law Firm
With nearly 30 years of experience serving Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, New York City, Manhattan, The Bronx, and all surrounding communities, our accident attorneys have worked with many of the same types of personal injury claim hundreds of times. The following are some of the most common types of accidents that cause clients to seek legal representation:
You may sue any third party that contributed to your accident at a construction site other than your employer. Employers pay into New York’s workers’ compensation, which in turn covers your medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages.
Operating on the wrong person or body part, leaving a foreign instrument inside of a patient, misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, and adverse drug reactions are all common types of medical malpractice. However, you must prove that the provider had a duty of care towards you and failed in that duty.
A motorcycle colliding with any type of vehicle can cause life-changing serious injuries. Don’t hesitate to contact our law offices if the compensation you receive from no-fault insurance is inadequate.
Motor Vehicle Accidents:
Your own insurance company should pay medical expenses and property damage even if you share no blame in causing the accident. You can pursue a personal injury claim if you have a permanent injury, lose functioning of a body part, or meet other criteria specific to New York personal injury law.
Property owners have an obligation to prevent injuries on their premises. You may have a legitimate claim if a home or business owner failed to maintain a safe property or anticipate problems that could cause injury.
An accident with a commercial truck can cause devastating injuries or death. Contact us right away to help determine whether to sue the driver, the motor carrier, manufacturer, repair technician, or another party involved in the truck’s operation.
Slip and fall:
This typically involves tripping over a misplaced item or in a poorly maintained area such as loose carpeting in an office building.
Although you normally can’t sue your employer directly, you can bring a claim against a third party and are free to work with a personal injury attorney if you feel dissatisfied with the treatment you have received to date. Our Workers’ Compensation lawyer has over 30 years of experience.
If a loved one died due to the negligent actions of another party, a personal representative of your family may initiate a wrongful death lawsuit within two years.
Request Your Free Case Evaluation from Our Accident Lawyers Today
Raphaelson & Levine invites you to contact us at 212-268-3222 to schedule a time for your free case evaluation. Our personal injury lawyer Brooklyn will explain the lawsuit process in greater detail and advise you on whether you have a solid case to help you make the best possible legal decision for yourself.
Some Successful Brooklyn Personal Injury Cases Include:
- $1M Worksite Trip & Fall Settlement: Andrew and Howard successfully secured a $1M settlement in a labor law case for a deserving client of our firm. Read More.
- $250K Fire Extinguisher Malfunction Toxic Exposure: An individual was at a gas station in Brooklyn when a fire extinguishing system failed resulting in being sprayed with chemicals. Through tough negotiation, Jason and Howard were able to obtain a settlement at mediation. Read More.
- $1M Construction Accident Settlement: Construction worker fell off a ladder on a job site in Brooklyn resulting in severe injuries. Read More.
- $400K Bus Accident Settlement: A Brooklyn man with previous knee and back injuries wins a $400,000 settlement for aggravating his former injuries. Read More.
- $750K Pedestrians Injured: A Brooklyn grandfather, daughter, and grandchildren were pedestrians on the sidewalk when a motorist lost control of their vehicle and ran into the family. Read More.
Fatal Train Accident Settlement
Automobile Defect Injury
Car Accident Trial Verdict
Airplane Crash Wrongful Death
Airplane Accident Settlement
Construction Fall Injury Pre-Trial Settlement
Scaffolding Accident Settlement
Scaffold Fall Settlement
Head-on Car Accident
Medical Error Injury Settlement
Free Personal Injury: Brooklyn Lawyer Consultation
Please complete the form below, or call us directly at 212-268-3222, to schedule a free lawyer consultation with a Personal Injury: Brooklyn attorney at Raphaelson & Levine Law Firm.