Helping Victims Injured By Defective Construction Equipment Recover Compensation
Construction workers face a wide variety of risks every day they are on the job. Many situations are acceptable only because of the safety equipment they rely on. If that safety equipment were to fail, construction workers can be seriously injured or killed.
Many employers value time and cost savings over the safety of their workers. When machinery goes unrepaired and safety measures are ignored, construction workers’ health and lives are put at risk.
At Raphaelson & Levine Law Firm in New York City, we have devoted our careers to standing up for the rights of injury victims. We hold manufacturers and employers responsible for the injuries their negligence causes.
DEFECTIVE AND DANGEROUS CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT PUTS WORKERS AT RISK
Safety equipment can be defective for a variety of reasons, including:
- Manufacturing defect – A manufacturing defect occurs when there is an aberration in the manufacturing process resulting in a product that does not conform to the required specifications for that product.
- Design defect – A design defect occurs when there is a flaw in the design of a product, resulting in failure or tendency toward failure when the faulty safety equipment is being used.
- Failure to warn — There are ways in which products can be used that would increase the likelihood of failure. Manufacturers have a duty to warn users of their products against engaging in such foreseeable uses.
All of these types of defects can impact a wide range of safety equipment that construction workers rely on, including:
- Personal fall arrest systems
- Guardrail systems
- Safety net systems
- Trench boxes/shoring
- Safety glass in heavy machinery cab windows
DISCUSS YOUR DEFECTIVE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT CLAIM WITH AN ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
At Raphaelson & Levine Law Firm, we know the devastating impact that defective safety equipment can have. Workers put their faith in the safety equipment they use and a failure can catch them unaware and unable to avoid an accident and serious injury.
Our firm is skilled at pursuing compensation beyond workers’ compensation through third-party claims. If someone such as a subcontractor or vendor on your site was responsible for your injuries, we can help you pursue compensation from that third party in addition to your workers’ compensation benefits. Since 1992, we have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients while earning a reputation as one of New York’s premier personal injury law firms.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving faulty safety equipment while working construction, our attorneys can help you pursue all appropriate compensation. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 212-268-3222 or contact us online.
Free Faulty Safety Equipment Lawyer Consultation
Please complete the form below, or call us directly at 212-268-3222, to schedule a free lawyer consultation with a Faulty Safety Equipment attorney at Raphaelson & Levine Law Firm.