Trusted Queens personal injury lawyer
When you've been hurt, don't settle for less than you deserve — our award-winning personal injury lawyers will give you a voice.
NEXT STEP: Call 212-268-3222 today or contact us online speak with an experienced nearby Queens attorney about your claim.
You deserve better.
Why hire a Queens personal injury lawyer at Raphaelson & Levine?
When you hire a personal injury lawyer and file a lawsuit, you must be able to prove that the actions of the other party alone caused your serious injury.
At our law firm, we’re prepared for the justifications the other party and his or her personal injury attorney might use such as:
- You had a pre-existing condition that you’re trying to blame on the current accident.
- You actually caused your own injuries.
- You knew the risks of the activity and chose to partake anyway.
- Your injuries are not as bad as you claim.
As experienced Queen’s personal injury lawyers, our team is prepared to refute every possible defense of the negligent party in your personal injury claim.
Whether that’s hiring a medical expert to testify, visiting the accident scene multiple times, reviewing your medical records to determine that only the defendant’s careless behavior could have caused your injuries, or another action, the personal injury law office.
Raphaelson & Levine has the resources and experienced attorneys to hold the other party accountable and demand that you receive fair compensation.
Recent personal injury cases we've won for clients in Queens, NY
- $250K Restaurant Trip & Fall Injury: As a result of the fall, the victim’s shoulder was dislocated which ultimately required arthroscopic surgery.
- $750K Bus Rollover Accident: After visiting family in Texas, a 27-year-old Queens woman traveling on a commercial bus was severely injured when the bus crashed and rolled over.
- $400K Pedestrian Accident Settlement: Our firm litigated and mediated a claim in under one year in the Supreme Court, Queens for our client who was violently struck by a massive SUV.
- $100K Settlement For Woman’s Broken Toes: Our firm represented a woman whose foot was run over by a vehicle. As a result, she sustained two broken toes.
- Confidential Dog Bite Injury Settlement: A tender age child was walking with her parents in their Queens neighborhood when she was attacked by an unleashed dog in her face, resulting in critical facial damage.
Common types of Queens personal injury claims we handle
Serious injuries can occur in a wide variety of ways, with motor vehicle accidents one of the most common. Although New York has a no-fault law for car accidents, you still have the right to sue for bodily injury caused by the negligent actions of another party.
Other common claims handled by our personal injury law firm include:
While the workers’ compensation system in New York does not allow you to sue your employer directly for a construction accident, you may have a personal injury claim against a third party such as a contractor, supplier, or manufacturer.
Tripping over an out-of-place item, falling from a high surface, or an object falling on someone all qualify as fall accidents and can result in a personal injury claim.
If you or a loved one received substandard care resulting in injury or worsening symptoms, you may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the provider. However, his or her care must have been inferior in quality to what someone with similar training and experience would have provided.
It has been the experience of our Queens personal injury attorneys that motorcycle accidents cause some of the most serious injuries of all. This is easy to understand when you consider the size of a motorcycle and the fact that drivers and riders have no external protection.
Home and business owners may face a premises liability lawsuit if they failed to keep their property safe and you suffered a serious injury as a result. This applies even if the property owner didn’t know about the potential danger to prevent people from having an accident because of it.
Personal injury involving truck accidents can be complex because several parties may share liability. Your Queens personal injury lawyer will determine whether the driver, trucking company, manufacturer, maintenance and repair technicians, or a combination of these acted in a manner negligent enough to cause your serious injury.
Like construction accidents, you can’t sue your employer directly for an on-the-job injury but may have a personal injury case against another party. We’ve been representing New Yorker workers in Workers’ Compensation cases since 1992.
Wrongful Death Claims
You have the legal right to appoint a personal representative to sue the party that caused the wrongful death of your loved one within two years of the date of his or her passing.
How long do I have to file a Queens personal injury claim?
Queens accident victims typically have three years from the date of the accident to contact a lawyer and initiate a personal injury lawsuit. If you wait even one day longer than that to hire a personal injury attorney, you forfeit your right to attempt to collect damages.
New York State also imposes different deadlines for other scenarios that fall under the general umbrella of personal injury:
- One year and three months for a personal injury claim against a public authority, public benefit corporations, or the local government
- Two years for a wrongful death claim.
- Two years and six months for a dental or medical malpractice claim, including those against a podiatrist.
- Three years for a property damage claim.
- Five years for injury resulting from rape or another type of sexual offense.
“Due to the time-consuming nature of researching your case during the discovery phase, we urge you to schedule your free consultation with our law office near New York City as soon as possible.” — Howard Raphaelson, Personal Injury Lawyer at Raphaelson & Levine
What makes Raphaelson & Levine the best personal injury lawyers near Queens, NY?
Raphaelson & Levine Law Firm has over thirty years of experience winning complex personal injury claims in Brooklyn. With over 300 five-star Google reviews, we have a strong reputation for getting our clients big results.
Unlike firms that brag about the size of their law firm, we're more concerned about the size of you compensation.
With direct access to your attorney and the support of a dedicated legal team, you won't feel like a case number and will be treated with the respect and empathy other firms only wish they could give you.
What's it like working with a Queens accident lawyer?
While New York doesn’t require people filing a personal injury claim to obtain legal representation, you stand a much better chance of a successful outcome by working with our Queens personal injury lawyers from the start of your case.
As a plaintiff’s law firm since 1992, we have secured settlements for our clients that average 370 percent higher than injured people who chose not to work with a personal injury attorney.
One reason for this is that people often feel desperate enough to accept the first offer they receive from the insurance company representing the other party.
Our Queens personal injury attorneys, on the other hand, have years of negotiation experience with insurance companies as well as courtroom experience. You have enough to do just recovering from your serious injury, so let the attorneys at our law office do the rest.
Here are just some duties we perform for personal injury cases:
- Meet with you for a free consultation at our Manhattan personal injury law firm to learn more about your case and present your legal options.
- Complete all paperwork required by insurance companies and other parties.
- Determine who bears responsibility for causing your car accident, premises liability claim, construction site accident, or other types of personal injury.
- Investigate your accident by interviewing witnesses, hiring an accident reconstruction specialist if necessary, reviewing the police report and medical records, and much more.
- Calculate a fair compensation amount based on medical bills, time missed from work, the severity of your injuries, loss of personal property, and other losses.
- File a personal injury claim with the insurance company representing the other party and begin the settlement negotiation process.
- File a personal injury lawsuit if you do not receive prompt payment of your claims.
- Continue to negotiate with the insurance company and proceed to a court trial if we feel that you have not received a fair settlement offer.
Although the above represents only a portion of what you can expect from your experienced personal injury attorney at Raphaelson & Levine, rest assured that we will be with you every step of the way.
How much is my injury case worth?
A personal injury settlement in Queens County Supreme Court can be worth thousand to millions of dollars. It takes a meticulous evaluation of numerous factors, including the severity of your injuries, to cost of your medical bills, lost wages, future earning capacity, pain and suffering, insurance policy and other related losses.
Hiring an experienced New York City accident attorney is critical to ensuring you get maximum compensation for all that you have gone through. A Queens injury attorney at our firm can help evaluate the value of your case and determine the best course of action for pursuing compensation.
Trust our proven track record, request a free case evaluation today
Raphaelson & Levine is pleased to offer legal representation to injured people in Queens, The Bronx, Astoria, Brooklyn, Long Island, Staten Island, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, Flushing, Elmhurst, and all other communities near New York City.
We collect no fee unless you win financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and other personal and financial losses.
Your personal injury attorney will discuss what to expect with the lawsuit process in greater detail when you come to our law office for your free initial consultation.
NEXT STEP: Contact us online or call today and speak with our experienced Queens injury lawyers at 212-268-3222.